Become familiar with these 10 popular CNA interview questions and get the job.
Studying common or most recurring questions during an interview is a smart move to snag that CNA job. With well-honed answers to some of those questions, you will gain a certain edge or advantage over other applicants. You will not just have an easier time and more confidence during an interview, but will impress a potential employer who will more likely hire you.
Depending on your case and specific circumstances, the answers to each question may vary significantly. Yet the most important thing is that you have some knowledge of what to expect, and prepare yourself accordingly, rather than going out there without a clue.
That said, below are the top ten CNA job interview questions that you can start to study while waiting for your appointment with the HR.
- What makes you the best candidate for this job?
- How would you handle a problem with a co-worker?
- What specific situations that kept you from fulfilling your duties or from coming to work on time?
- If you are asked to finish a task quickly, what would be your reaction? And what if you are asked the same thing thrice in a day, how does that affect your mood?
- Can you share with me your most frustrating experience as a certified nursing assistant? How did you handle it?
- How would you respond when a manager critiqued your work or performance?
- Can you give me one or two examples in your previous job when you did something without somebody asking you to do it?
- If we call your previous employer right now, what would possibly they say about your job performance and attendance?
- How old were you when you came to a decision to become a certified nursing assistant? Is there any significant moment in your life that has influenced you to become a dedicated nursing assistant?
- When somebody asks you to help her decide whether to quit or stay on a job that is meaningful, yet requires hard work, what would you tell her and why?
Keep in mind that these questions are formulated to evaluate your character traits, compassion and overall personality. Use those top 10 CNA interview questions above as a guide to come up with the best answers that truly reflect about yourself.